THE HEADSHOT

The Improper Life of Bezellia Grove (August 2010) is in production. That means in addition to proofing pages, planning a book tour, etc. etc., it’s time for a new headshot.  And man was I ready!

Since Dairy Queen came out, I have cut my long hair short and let it return to its natural color — which is now a silvery gray thanks to my dad.

I cannot tell you how many times I have shown up at a book-related event to hear someone say, “Wow, you don’t look anything like your picture on the cover.”  And somehow they always seem a little disappointed.

But I got tired of packing like a sherpa to spend the afternoon at a salon to have my hair cut, colored (sometimes highlighted), and then blown dry.  I can’t help but wonder how many novels I might have written if I had never colored my hair in the first place!

But now I need your help.  I can’t decide which shot to use; and since you are going to be the one at it, well, I thought I would open it up to a vote.

Let me know what you think!

Photo A

Photo A

Photo B

Photo B

Posted November 20, 2009 at 12:46 pm · 10 comments · Leave a Comment

Comments

1. Mary Addison Hackett, November 20th, 2009, 1:02 pm

You look FABULOUS in both! blue shirt pic seems more casual, tree pic carries a bit more gravitas. Go with what matches the tone of the book. XO, m.a.h.
  2. Kory Wells, November 20th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Hi, Susan! Both the photos are nice, but I think I lean toward A.
  3. Jana J. Hanson, November 20th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Photo A gets my vote.
  4. Sam Droke-Dickinson, November 20th, 2009, 3:13 pm

I vote photo A, but only if you're planning a PA trip for the book in 2010 :) The book group has been asking when it's coming out and when you'll be back! :) Sam
  5. Julie P., November 20th, 2009, 6:18 pm

You look gorgeous in both pictures, but I think your personality shines through in Picture A!
  6. Randal Patrick, November 20th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Both are terrific... Can't go wrong there. Really like the new hair. Randy
  7. Cindi Bohmann, November 21st, 2009, 7:50 am

I vote for Picture A...beautiful!
  8. Michael, December 3rd, 2009, 9:21 am

Susan, Congratulations on completing the book. I vote for photo A. Hope all is well. Was thinking about you the other night as my daughter finished reading your book for the second time. She is hoping that your next book tour comes to the northeast. Michael (Ireland - guest blogger's dad)
  9. Charlie Katz, December 8th, 2009, 2:04 pm

I'm sure you've chosen already, but here's my 2 mils worth. You look good in both, The light fades out the bottom of B, but it has a conversational feel that I like very much, so that's my choice. A is a more conventional pose, and you look great, but B has the personal quality as if you've stopped in the middle a winter stroll and there's more to come.
  10. Lisa, December 9th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Definitely Shot A - love them both though! Miss you!